Job title: 2nd Line Support Engineer (24x7- Secure Hosting)
Location: Bracknell BRA07
Are you positive with a creative attitude that can work as part of a team? Can you take ownership of assigned tasks, anticipate and identify potential issues and service improvements. Do you have experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery? Do you want to collaborate and achieve together with committed people to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to join the DJSC 2nd Line Support Team for our customers across the shared service. This is your world and your opportunity to transform it for the better.
We are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to Support the existing Shared Service to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern. The role will involve:
- Incident Management: Incident logging, triage and assignment on required toolsets. Manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed Work Instruction and assign any escalations to 3rd Line.
- Event Management: Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Problem Management: Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Patch Deployment: Deployment of monthly security patches to Microsoft server environments using the Microsoft SCCM toolset.
- Change Management: Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
- Request Fulfilment: Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests to provision end-user access to the hosting environment.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Windows Server 2019
- AD Directory & Group Policy
- MS Certificate Services
- Experience in incident resolution and/or system management of secure IT infrastructures
- Understanding of basic Networking skills – Cisco/Juniper and Citrix SDX Load Balancers
- Good understanding of DNS/ DHCP protocols
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)
- Good understanding of VMware ESXi and vCentre
- Understanding of SQL Server 2019
- Management of Anti-Virus management and reporting – McAfee EPO
- MS Exchange 2019
- MS Skype for business 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x & 8.x
Key Performance Indicators
• Feedback from Customers, Service Delivery Management, Project Manager etc.
• Technical Assessments.
• Proven track record of problem resolutions.
• Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
• Successful production of documentation.
• Successful management and implementation of changes.
• Improvement/ enhancements to service delivery.
• Meets and improves service level requirements.
• Successful management of escalations in a timely manner.
• Meets project deadlines and costs within own area of responsibility.
• Errors with workarounds or fixes provided in a timely manner.
• Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
• Feedback from colleagues, team manager and other team members.
• Contribution to service improvements.
• Up to date personal learning plan.
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do more and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full self to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Not only are we a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBT+.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organization, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Fujitsu has been recognized as a Disability Confident Leader by the Department of Work and Pensions. This is in recognition of our commitment to recruiting, retaining and employing people with disabilities. As a Disability Confident Leader, we offer a guaranteed interview to all candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for a role, and are experienced at making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. Please let me know if you would like further information.