The role holder is self-sufficient when resolving routine problems or enquiries across many products and systems in order to maintain the availability of the Network Infrastructure. The role holder is competent when working under pressure and has a degree of autonomy when dealing with unexpected problems, more complex escalations and helping to maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers low to medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
• Technical Capability. Works within a team supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
• Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers’ environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
• Process. Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
• Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer’s problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
• Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
• Team Working Is a key team member, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative resolving issues and supporting other team members.
• Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
The 2nd Line service provided is 24x7 (365 days) and staff will be on a shift pattern. The individual shall augment the existing Shared Service Desk to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern.
The service covers both network and server support.
This role is for a network engineer; although the engineer is working in Shared Services and will therefore also perform server tasks.
Location: Basingstoke (BCP site is in Bracknell)