The 2nd tier support role will require the candidate to investigate and resolve issues and incidents passed on from the 1st tier support team. The 2nd Tier will in effect be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team. These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 3rd tier support. The individual will also be asked to support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
* Executing assigned technical maintenance activities
* Providing technical input into resolver groups
* Providing technical input into 1st line support scripts to reduce incident escalation to 2nd tier
* Providing technical input into service management reports
* Highlighting potential service improvements to the tier lead
* Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the support and delivery teams
Orange or willing to be Orange . Excellent customer communication skills will be required as well as a good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions.
Knowledge of secure infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels, security clamps, would be advantageous.
A knowledge of Command & Battlespace Management, Command and Control or C4ISR will be a considerable advantage. As will knowledge of applications or coalition operations.
Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements. Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
* Excellent customer communication skills.
* Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
* Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
* Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
* Understanding of ITIL system management
* Windows Server 2008 platforms
* Microsoft Group Policies
* Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
* VMware ESX and vCentre
* Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 software delivery
* Fujitsu Primergy RX and BX server management
* Anti-Virus management and reporting
* Experience of HP Protect Tools password management
* Lumension Application and Device Control (or Sanctuary)
* Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
* SharePoint Site Management
* SQL Server 2008 database management
* Oracle 10g database management
* Postgres Database’s management
* Experience of Java based application support
* Appache web server management and support
* IIS web services management and support
* Cisco switch management
* Cisco Firewall management
* CA Spectrum reporting