Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.The Opportunity
Roke will provide a new support capability to support a new bespoke application with governance from existing support infrastructure. During the application project delivery phase the support team will be embedded within the existing team. The blended team will include the roles of 2nd line engineer, 3rd line development engineer and service management. Utilisation of the application reference environment in Romsey to support testing of upgrades / fault investigation / fixes.
The purpose of the role will be to, but not limited too:
- Resolution of incidents escalated from second line.
- Service request handling.
- Configuration change validation.
- Problem resolution.
- Continual service improvement.
- Software release validation.
- Operating system security patch validation.
- Security update validation.
- Support availability, capacity demand management.
- Information security management.
- Service asset configuration management.
- Service validation and testing.
- Proactive problem identification.
- Software patch generation.
Why We Want You
- Investigate escalated incidents and problems.
- Resolve incidents and problems.
- Update tickets and inform second line of progress.
- Provide knowledge base updates to second line for escalated tickets.
- Deep fault investigation and break fix on the bespoke application
- 3rd line fix / patch / release
- Impact assessment of application environment upgrades
- Perform planned work tasks on solutions.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in a science or engineering subject or equivalent industry experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Java 8
- Spring Boot (Java library)
- Apache Maven
- Junit unit testing (Java library)
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7+
- SQL, relational databases and relational database design (Oracle DB preferred)
- Node.js, yarn and webpack
- Standard general Linux skills (package management, configuration, networking, etc.)
- Selenium user interface testing
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of software development patterns
- Sound knowledge of software architecture
- Atlassian DevOps tooling suite
- VirtualBox and virtualisation technologies (e.g. Vagrant
- Previous IT service or support experience.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
Personal Attributes, Values and Competencies
Why You Should Join Us
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.#
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.Security Information
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current Enhanced DV Clearance or at least be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.