We are currently looking for an Accessibility Lead to join our global Accessibility Team. This is a role that will own strategic accountability for our approach to accessibility within your region with multi-functional leads in the delivery teams across the business to prioritize accessibility work and effectively deliver accessibility services to our clients. You will partner with practitioners (engineers, designers) and enable them to execute against both global and local practices.
Aligned with our global/local approach to standards you will resolve to establish and govern the technical and design standards for accessibility across all our platforms and services in your region or industry. You will advocate and educate on behalf of your strategy across all levels of the company — from senior leadership to ongoing education/training programs for employees. You will be comfortable conducting experienced evaluations and reviews of our products and 3rd party products (including key code reviews) to ensure compliance and uncover opportunities.
In order to be successful, you will need to:
- Be an authority with practical, hands-on experience in accessibility and assistive technology. You will be capable of leveling from strategy and influence into some of the most critical company work as needed and doing this in a sophisticated matrix management multinational environment.
- Demonstrate a professional understanding of accessibility legislation & standards such as EN301549, BITV2.0, RGAA4.0, WCAG 2.x guidelines and ARIA techniques.
- Be comfortable with desktop, web, and mobile technologies and capable of participating in code-level review and discussion to implement standards. You will also have relevant experience in developing/advising impact through multidisciplinary development teams and direct reports.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Managing and building a team of Accessibility Specialists.
- Promoting best-practice solutions and support for Accessibility and Assistive Technology services for our customers and service delivery teams.
- Providing advice, mentorship, and technical leadership to projects during the full development lifecycle on Accessibility, Assistive Technology services, and technology solutions.
- Building relationships with appropriate Accessibility, Assistive Technology services and technology groups within Atos to identify planned developments and initiatives in Accessibility and Assistive Technology solutions.
What previous experience and skills are we looking for:
- Has shown leadership experience in leading small teams and projects.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to translate sophisticated problems/messages into simple innovative solutions.
- Degree-level education or relevant professional qualification, such as CPWA.
- Skilled in the development, creation, and management of technical and business documentation relating to Accessibility and Digital Inclusion.
- Exposure to various Assistive Technologies, and a confident understanding of legislative requirements and technical standards surrounding Accessibility.
- In-depth experience in running and supporting Assistive Technology and Services, including their delivery within corporate environments.