Account Manager – Orpington, Kent
Part of the Churchill Group, Chequers Contract Services Ltd is a multi award winning service provider of School, Office and Commercial Cleaning and Grounds Maintenance, Landscaping and Arboriculture services to many distinguished clients across Greater London and the South of England.
We are now seeking to hire an outstanding, experienced Account Manager to work in our Grounds maintenance/Landscaping team. Do you have what it takes to join our team? Are you able to demonstrate a pro-active approach and ensure excellence is delivered? Do you have a background in Landscaping / Grounds Maintenance?
This is a demanding, field-based account management role that will suit an organised and energetic individual who is highly motivated and highly flexible. As the role can require long hours it requires a disciplined individual able to manage time effectively.
We invest in our people and their skills, driven by our family values to see all employees fulfil their individual potential. We strive towards more sustainable working practices and are committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
Chequers currently employs over 750 members of staff and this number is expected to grow considerably with room for progression, development and promotion.
As Account Manager you will be responsible for:
- Client engagement at all levels, managing a large portfolio of accounts in and around London.
- People management; including recruitment, training and development.
- KPI and Standards being met, maintained and exceeded.
- Commercial performance and budget management.
- Ensuring all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to.
As Account Manager you will have the following expertise and attributes;
- Will have a proven track record in successfully operating multi-site contracts
- Experience in a similar field-based, client facing, managerial role
- A keen knowledge, understanding and interest of grounds maintenance and landscaping
- A proven track record of quoting and pricing Soft Landscaping works
- Previous experience interacting with and influencing the client senior management team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Will have knowledge of reporting requirements within and understanding of KPI’s
- Highly flexible, with an energetic approach, able to take on challenges
- Practical and logical approach to problem solving
- Clean Full Valid UK Driving License
We look to employ a culturally inclusive workforce, rich in diversity reflecting the communities we live and work in. We provide high standards and reliability throughout our motivated, well trained, effectively managed working teams and provide a personal service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.