Accounts Payable Administrator
At Churchill, we put our people first so that they can deliver outstanding service to our clients. We recognise that our client’s environment reflects their brand and provides a better workplace for their people. We never compromise on quality and are unrivalled in our attention to detail.
We are searching for an Accounts Payable Administrator to take responsibility for the purchase ledger, ensuring correct records are maintained, which will satisfy the external auditors and ensure all suppliers are paid in a prompt manner.
Do you have what it takes to join our team? Are you experienced in and passionate about Accounts Payable? Can you work in a fast-paced environment?
This is an opportunity for you to be part of a business, built on strong foundations, named in The Sunday Times, Grant Thornton Top Track 250, Britain’s private mid-market growth companies. We are driven to Always Do Right and we are looking for people who share our values. Our independence gives us the freedom to do what we believe in. We believe it’s our responsibility to do right by our clients, our society and our planet.
As an Accounts Payable Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Coding all invoices received, matching to Purchase Order and entering onto the Finance system.
- Ensuring all invoices are authorised and posted in time to meet deadlines
- Carrying out the monthly payment run to ensure suppliers are paid in a prompt manner via BACS
- Producing manual cheques when required
- Liaising with stakeholders and dealing with telephone queries
- Updating Excel spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of supplier statements, dealing with and resolving any account anomalies as they arise
As an Accounts Payable Administrator, you will have the following expertise and attributes:
- Proven previous experience within Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger.
- Flexible, punctual and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Highly organised with a ‘can do’ approach
- Confident, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be commercially minded with ability to deliver a high level of customer service.
- Knowledge of Accounting and IT systems
- Competent user of Microsoft packages with expert level Excel skills
Our commitment to Equality. Diversity and Inclusion, we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.