Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £32,700 - £44,700 depending on skills and experience + benefits package + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future
What is the Role?
The Indirect Tax Accountant will work with the other members of the Indirect Tax Team to help ensure that SSE meets its Indirect Tax obligations at all times, and to provide support regarding SSE's tax affairs across VAT and other indirect taxes / environmental taxes.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- VAT compliance: carry out review work across the group, in relation to VAT return preparation and submission, as well as internal processes;
- VAT advisory: provide advice to the group across a range of indirect tax areas, including VAT liability, recoverability and Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Training: develop and deliver training to non-tax staff; and
- HMRC: communication with HMRC regarding indirect tax issues, as required.
What do I need?
- Qualified ACA/CTA with 2+ years post-qualification experience, either in-house or in practice
- Strong academic record
- Highly motivated, with excellent communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge of indirect tax legislation and practical experience of applying this to businesses
- Practical knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle)
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with Hannah Cutajar - Hannah. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.