Join our community.
The successful candidate for the exciting new role will lead the financial controls, investigations, and clearance activities across Corporate and Commercial Banking (CCB). You will be tasked with supporting the maintenance of a stable, mature, and robust control framework minimising financial risk and negative customer experiences.
This role will be covering the following business areas - Corporate Banking, FX, Trade Finance and Supplier Finance, thereby supporting the Account Controller on all elements of CCB BAU Controls and Accounting Projects.
The difference you'll make.
- Supporting the Account Controller on all elements of CCB BAU Controls and Accounting Projects.
- Support the implementation, and ongoing assessment of the accounting control framework, proactively driving improvements in the control environment for CCB.
- Support the integrity of the BAU accounting controls through periodic review of the E2E accounting and control effectiveness by coordinating with the account controller, ensuring that business applications are within control.
- Support the team in the delivery of accounting architecture, with structures to deliver an efficient and effective support model across the bank.
- Building strong relationships with the teams in Madrid, Operations, Gesban, IT and Finance
- Supporting the team in building partnerships with departments across the Bank to deliver process improvement as part of routine project and controls review
What you'll bring.
- Understanding of balance sheet, P&L accounts and related controls, accounting concepts and controls
- Previous experience of working within a controls team within financial services or similar environment
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Qualified or working towards an Accountancy qualifications (CIMA / ACCA / ACA / CA)
- Proactive, task focused and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships at various levels
What else you need to know.
This is one/two days per week in the office and the rest as work rom home.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including:Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.