Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.
O2 aims to be the leading communications integrator of choice, bringing together best of breed solutions from the communications and IT industries to create a world class ICT service experience.
The purpose of this role is to lead a field-based enterprise acquisition team within the private sector. You will be expected to lead, manage and develop a team of acquisition sales people to deliver on your total team targets. You'll be expected to deliver on this through maximising opportunities in the 2000 employee and above segment in the UK
You'll need to build key relationships with C Suite contacts both internally and externally being credible and building confidence with new clients
Commercial acumen, gravitas as a leader and strong sales management skills are an absolute must in this role.
You will have the responsibility of developing your team to consistently over deliver and have a track record in sales management to evidence this.
The ideal candidate will have experience in solutions such as Mobile, Managed LAN, Managed WAN, Fixed Line Telephony, Unified Communication, Contact Centre, Conferencing, Security Solutions, Managed Services, Hosted ICT solutions, and Consultancy services.
The successful candidate will genuinely care about our customers' needs and will ensure that every contract delivers benefit both for O2 and for our customer.Key ResponsibilitiesMarket Knowledge
Sales management responsibilities
- Be able to have a wide understanding of business issues and challenges in the Enterprise environment
- Will maintain an excellent understanding of competitor offerings and position, both from a customer's and from a financial perspective
- Will have a base understanding of the key 6 verticals that we currently major in and be able to hold your own and add value at C Suite level in any given industry
Key Skills and ExperienceApproach:
- To take ownership for building the teams sales pipeline on a quarterly through to annual basis. As the sales manager you will be responsible for managing your teams' activity and SF.com hygiene factors in order to build a rhythm and rigour to win in the market place
- You will require experience of managing people through performance plans to achieve success and maintained over delivery
- You will be responsible for ensuring best practise is maintained across your team
- You will be responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of O2 campaigns / propositions and use this to generate maximum opportunity through the marketing and ABM teams and resources
- You will be responsible for enabling your team to identify new O2 customer opportunities, with a focus on increasing O2 market share across all solutions and services
- You will be expected to use Creating Client Value (CCV) sales methodology with your teams supporting through ongoing coaching both in the field and in the classroom so that you ensure the greatest chance of success for O2,
- You will be responsible for building and reviewing your teams business plan to ensure business KPIs are achieved on quarterly and an annual basis
- You will be responsible for influencing and managing relevant internal stakeholders in order to build the requirements that you need to win in the marketplace
- To negotiate confidently, finding creative ways to maximise revenues;
- To own all customer issues through to resolution, working with other O2 functions where appropriate;
- To be innovative and free thinking in delivering leading edge, unique and engaging offers to customers.
- You will be a leader with the right attitude and behaviours that will inspire your team to win
- You will need to carry gravitas externally and internally demonstrating a good understanding of the challenges in Enterprise and be able to articulate the why o2
- You will be required to demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit along with harvesting your team and approach so that you ultimately win in the marketplace
- You will be expected to make good balance judgements in complex environments and at times make difficult decisions to ensure continued growth
- We are highly ethical in all that we do, and we expect the same of all of our employees
- The successful candidate must have an open attitude and inherent drive to learn constantly
Role Closing Date:
- Best in Class insight in various well-known private enterprise sectors
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, PBX, UC, SIP, Mobile, Contact Centre, Fixed Telephony, Conferencing, Security Solutions, Managed Services, and Hosted ICT solutions preferable but not all are mandatory
- Highly IT literate - Excel (advanced knowledge), Word, PowerPoint as a minimum. Salesforce.com knowledge and previous application
- Strong customer-facing written and spoken English
- Knowledge of typical internal corporate business processes and how to ensure the swift delivery of projects would be advantageous
- Exceptional focus on and dexterity in financial and 'numbers' management
25/10/2019We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we'll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.