Job Title: Business Support - Admin
Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for a motivated individual who is dynamic, ambitious, eager to learn and keen to make an impact within our Business Support team.
The difference our new business support will make
Information Systems is a thriving and growing business unit within Defence Systems Technology (DST). We are transforming and we need you to support us in forging new paths, and contributing as we grow through exciting, but sometimes challenging change. Within business support, you will be responsible for providing support across a multitude of areas to ensure the business runs smoothly. You will be given the opportunity to learn and develop your skills within the team. We want you to reach your potential as part of the Business Support Team
You will be responsible for providing a professional administrative and reception service in line with office requirements for your location.
You will be responsible for the transfer of documents from Babcock IS to Customer IS using the approved transfer route.
You will be responsible for operating and assisting in coordinating the servicing of office equipment and ensuring maintenance engineers' have access to site.
You will be responsible for the booking of conference facilities both internal and external including any associated hospitality when required.
You will be required to provide the Leadership Team and our customer with professional administrative support.
You will be required to manage the bookings for visitors to the site, liaising where required to arrange access.
You will be required to professionally operate the telephone system with regard for customer service, taking and relaying messages and handling initial telephone enquiries.
You will be required to greet VIP visitors in a professional and friendly manner, being cognisant of security and safety procedures at all times.
You will be working with members of the Business Support Team to ensure timesheets and expenses are inputted within a timely manner.
When required address issues with vending machines and other dispensing equipment.
You will also be required to assist in covering the duties of the front desk Receptionist including:
* Issue visitor passes for purposes of security and health &safety control.
* Dealing with post.
* Record and log keeping.
* Destruction of secure material.
* Control and supply of stationary and consumables for all office equipment.
* Other reasonable tasks commensurate with your role.
Who we're looking for
You're someone who brings innovative ideas and solves problems with simple and elegant solutions. The role will be open to any candidate who has a desire to pursue a career within administration not yet had that job opportunity, or those who have obtained college/university qualifications in a relevant subject and those who have had previous hands on experience.
Must possess general office management experience.
Skills and attributes
A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
An understanding of the Defence and Security industry
Ability to learn new skills, keep accurate records and follow instructions.
Education and qualifications
GCSE - Maths, English
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* Location: Manchester
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here..
Closing date: 13th May 2021