Essex CRC are currently recruiting for an Administrator (Service Support Officer) based in Chelmsford on a fixed term contract.
The role of Administrator (Service Support Officer) is integral to the successful and smooth running of the CRC. You will work with a range of colleagues and partners supporting the work of reducing reoffending and providing a service to community teams. You will be responsible for day to day administration on site including use of IT systems, telephone and greeting service users and customers. All post-holders will be required to work some evenings and Saturdays when required on a rota basis
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in Essex. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction and appraisal.Job Description
Band 2 salary commencing at £18,934 per annum
37 hours per week
Fixed term contract until April 2022
Role may require occasional evening and weekend working
The Essex CRC is undergoing a national transformation as part of the Probation Reform Programme and this vacancy is subject to this change. If successfully appointed, you will be indicatively assigned as transferring to the National Probation Service under Sentence Management in June 2021Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Operate a file management service, including opening, recording new files, preparing files for transfer between offices, storage, maintenance and termination.
- Maintain and update contact logs, by inputting and retrieving information as required.
- Contribute to the implementation of breach procedures under the direction of the responsible Offender Manager.
- Manage and maintain office systems, processes and procedures in respect of case administration, including making appointments, tracking review schedule and trigger process.
- Distribute and receive information from the Nation Probation Service, offender management teams, interventions and external organisations as required.
- Retrieve data and statistical information providing management reports as required using computer-based systems.
- Provide general administration support to the business and provide reception duties as required in The Hub and the Local Management Centres based in Harlow, Colchester and Southend.
About The Company
- Proven admin support experience
- Able to work with confidential information
- Able to work with IT applications (Specifically Microsoft Office)
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible approach with a 'can do attitude'
The role of Essex CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the county from the 6 major towns: Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Thurrock, Basildon, Southend. Essex CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.