Are you hungry for the opportunity to be part of something exciting?
HMP Bronzefield are recruiting for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
You will have the opportunity not only to utilise your current Nursing skills whilst providing the best possible care to your patients but you will also have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across the prison setting promoting a holistic approach to treatment offered to patients in your care.
You will be a role model for the nursing staff team and lead by example. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop others by means of clinical supervision, training and development.
Sodexo Justice Services have provided Healthcare within Prison environments for over 10 years and have learnt and developed how to adapt care in a challenging environment to ensure patients are at the centre of every decision and intervention. If you too would like to enhance your existing skills by Nursing in an environment like no other, then you need to read on.
Sodexo Justice Services prides itself upon a holistic model of care that promotes well being from the inside out. Working with people who have wide range of needs from Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Primary Care and Complex needs. By maximising the opportunity for a full Medical Assessment whilst in custody we prepare patients to be in the best possible condition for when they leave prison. With the aim of reducing the risk of re offending behaviour.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Learn more about working in Justice and HMP Bronzefield Job Description
See below the many benefits of joining our team; -
- Excellent salary - £42,500 - £50,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay - 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years' service of 4 weeks' pay.
- Sick pay - Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years' service
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free CPD
- Access to Sodexo Discounts - wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Contribution up to half of your NMC registration fees.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- 37.5 hours per week - Shift Patterns, Days, Nights, Weekends, Bank Holidays
The following are the core responsibilities of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner:
- Assist with the prescribing practices and support of the NMP clinicians within the services.
- Develop, implement and embed health promotion and well-being programmes.
- Assist the nursing team to manage patients presenting with a range of acute and chronic medical conditions, providing subject matter expert advice to patients
- Implement and evaluate individual specialized treatment plans for chronic disease patients
- Identify, manage and support patients as risk of developing long-term conditions, preventing adverse effects on the patient's health
- Provide advanced, specialist nursing care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF
- Deliver medicines management and enhance safe prescribing in the custodial environment
- Provide specialist clinics.
**Full Job Description below** The Ideal Candidate
- Valid NMC registration (Adult Nursing)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commitment to the delivery of high-quality services
- Previous qualified experience as a registered general nurse
- Post graduate diploma or degree (Advanced Practice Qualification)
- Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to GPs
- Understands the requirement for PGDs and associated policy
- Understands the importance of evidence-based practice
- Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly
- Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
About The Company
- Experience of working in custodial environment
- Minor Illness Qualification
- Mentorship/ ENB Qualification or working towards
- Clinical Supervisor
- SystmOne Knowledge
- RCA Trained
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.