About the role
The Employment & Training Specialist plays a critical part in AFF’s support to families, as the subject matter expert on issues relating to employment and training.
Liaising directly with families, the post takes on the more complex enquiries in the subject field, and also works closely with Army and Government departments, as well as national charities and agencies, to ensure the employment and training concerns of Army families are properly represented and addressed.
The post is part-time with flexible hours (20 per week) and paid on an hourly basis. The post holder will be home-based, but occasional travel to Central Office in Andover, and to meetings in London will be required, as well as twice yearly staff training in the Hampshire area.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate should have: an understanding and current knowledge of Army life and its impact on families, particularly with regards to employment and training; a keen interest in the welfare and quality of life for Army families; the ability to prioritise workload and utilise time effectively to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure; experience of writing briefings with Clarity of expression, both written and verbal. Candidates will also preferably have: work experience in an employment, training or related field; an understanding of employment and training funding/opportunities; experience of providing advice and guidance and; experience of providing advice and guidance.
A more detailed list of the skills and experience we are looking for can be found in the Job Description.
AFF welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For further information
Please download the following from the AFF website:
- Employment & Training Specialist Job Description
- Important Information for Applicants
- Application Form (completed form to be returned in Word format)
Any enquiries about the vacancy can be directed to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing, interview and start dates
- Applications should be submitted by Midnight Monday 2 March (00:00hrs). Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 6 March
- Interviews will take place on between Tuesday 10 – Thursday 12 March at AFF Central Office in Headquarters Land Forces (Andover). Interviews by Skype will be considered upon request.
- The preferred start date for this post is 1 April 2020 (we may be able to flex slightly on the start date).