Why would you not want to work for the UK's number 1 Regional Builder? Our Construction division works on 200-250 projects per year, from education and leisure, to commercial and residential, with the average value of projects being £7-8m.
As an Aftercare Manager in Eastern with our Cambridge team, you will be responsible for the delivery, quality, compliance and handover of projects within Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
You will need to ensure the 12 months Defects Period is a tracked and planned process, with safety being central to its function. You will record all defects raised for the full contractual period, track and close these out within acceptable time frames to achieve client's satisfaction. Other responsibilities are:
- Attend sites during the construction period to review quality of installation with attention to roofs, external envelopes and floors.
- Attend last client meeting before PC and introduce Kier Customer process to the external customer.
- Input into the training of client's staff and stakeholders
- Carry out quarterly "health check" inspections during the 12 MGDLP.
- Ensure the MGD 12-month inspection is carried out at least 1 month before due date.
- Complete Defects within 1 month of 12 MGDLP expiry date.
- Ensure full retention recovery is received, and any costs during the period are allocated to the Supply Chain or Partner responsible for the defect.
- Track costs incurred vs Monies recovered.
- Provide feedback reports to D&B / Commercial / Operational teams on common defects, poor performance detail and poor supply chain performance.
- Contribute to the Business units' targets and objectives
You will have technical knowledge of construction build processes and defects, the ability to plan and manage multiple projects and have a good level of knowledge of health and safety practices and legislation. We would ideally like you to have a trade or degree qualification and have held similar roles in the industry. Being a hands-on individual had having DIY knowledge would be advantageous.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit
- options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
- Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, then apply now!