HORIBA MIRA is a world-class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise
We are seeking an AI Software Engineer to join a small, fast-moving team working to create advanced robot prototypes and products. For the right candidate, we offer an opportunity to help set the agenda and organize the development of perception-aided autonomy.
The ideal candidate has experience in hands-on neural network vision based perception research and development and is comfortable integrating results into motion planning algorithms. Examples of excellent practical experience include semantic segmentation, object detection and tracking, model building, and experience enabling robot navigation in complex real-world environments.
The candidate is expected to write software, conduct experiments, communicate results and develop innovative solutions to new problems. We offer a relaxed but hardworking environment where individuals are recognised for their personal performance.
Please note; remote working is available with this position (typically 2-3 days in the office - subject to current working review) and dependant on project requirements.
We are looking for experience in at least several of the following areas:
What we are looking for:
- Collaborative design and training of neural networks capable of making accurate observations about the observed scene in uncertain, dynamic environments.
- Develop vision based perception systems
- Support prototyping of autonomous systems and validate designs through a series of purpose-designed experiments.
- Document work and assist with the transition of new capabilities, technologies, and prototypes into a product development environment.
- A senior member of, or leading, a team creating robotics-based solutions making use of perception or motion planning to deliver a real-world product.
- High level practitioner in software design, Neural Networks and Python programming.
- First class neural network design and training with PyTorch.
- First class Python programming experience.
- Excellent problem solving and communications skills.
- Agile development experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- Comfortable using Linux.
- C++ programming experience.
- Simulations using Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience deploying to Nvidia Jetson based products.
- A relevant engineering, science degree or equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Chartered status and member of a recognised professional institution.
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
More information regarding our Unmanned Ground Vehicle offering can be found here.