Aircraft Engineer Fitter
RNAS Culdrose - Cornwall
Full time - 38 hours
£26,000 - £26,500 plus benefits
RNAS Culdrose is one of Europe's largest helicopter bases, located just outside Helston on the Lizard Peninsula. Here, Serco play a key role in offering maintenance and engineering services to the Royal Navy's maritime Merlin aircraft fleet.
What we're looking for:
- Previous aviation experience. Personnel being employed in workshops must have relevant workshops and/or technical background.
- Experience in completing a Common Objective Task Book (COTB), a Fitters On-Job Task (OJT) Book (by Trade) and passed an oral competency check.
- A good knowledge of Merlin aircraft engineering and engineering support equipment, ideally with a working knowledge of the following:
- Merlin Aircraft Systems (by Trade).
- Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound - Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
- A completed Maintenance Human Factors Course.
What we offer:
- A basic salary from £26,000 - £26,500 per annum.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A 7.30am - 4.00pm working day, with a 1.30pm finish on Fridays.
- Additional training and support to develop you in your career.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.