An exciting opportunity has been made available to join the bank as an ALM Senior DevOps Engineer.
The ALM team is responsible for administering and maintaining the different ALM tools offered to our Santander UK users and mainly for Agile projects. Tools such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus or Terraform Enterprise are key tools for the teams we support. We are a very supportive team, we work as a team, collaborate, innovate and we are always improving our systems.
Our team and our Engineers will certainly be part of this pivotal journey to Cloud.
The difference you'll make.
- Supporting ALM users with any problem/suggestion with our tool and other teams at Santander UK .
- Analysing new features, issues, tools, and integrations.
- Delivering new automation, tools, features, and integrations.
- Learning new technologies required for our day-to-day work, updating knowledge
- Reporting KPIs and SLAs.
- Managing load work and prioritizing tasks.
What you'll bring.
- Demonstrable experience in DevOps tools
- Extensive experience in most of our ALM tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, SonarQube, Nexus or Terraform Enterprise as administrator or at least as an advance user knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Docker, Swarm & Kubernetes
- Good knowledge and usage of Source Code Management tools such as GitLab/GitHub.com
- Advanced experience in Linux, Automation (Ansible mandatory) and scripting (such as Python)
- Experience administering tools in AWS, TFE and automating Cloud Platforms
It would also be nice for you to have.
- AWS certified
- Knowledge about code validation and software deployment (SonarQube/Jenkins)
- Experience with Production support and troubleshooting
- Strong communications skills to deliver clear solutions to both senior and to junior colleagues
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent position based in Milton Keynes with some remote / hybrid working. Attendance at the Milton Keynes site will be agreed with your Line Manager but is expected to operate as 2 days in the office per week in the coming weeks.
If you are looking for a position where you can demonstrate all your knowledge about ALM tools, automation, scripting, AWS, troubleshooting and teamwork and you are open to learn and investigate, then this is the right team for you.
ALM team supports more than 10,000 users (developers, testers, managers, business persons) and we provide the tools and mechanisms for making the life of our customers easier so they can use them to develop software in an agile way.
Our team manage infrastructure, upgrade applications, improve our systems and applications, work on new integrations, explore new tools and different solutions.
How we'll reward you.
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend 'Meet Ups' and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that's dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnership
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Website.