Defence Academy, Shrivenham, SN6 8LA
Full time, 37 hours
£20,000- £29,000 plus benefits
The job opportunity:
The Application Analyst is responsible for the day to day support of all bespoke and specified COTS business applications used at the Defence Academy. A key part of the role is the full business improvement lifecycle for service enhancements to COTS applications, including requirements, design, build, test, and implementation (both technical and business aspects).
- Second line support for business applications
- Service enhancements for COTS applications
- Data reports through transact SQL, SQL Reporting Services or Power BI
- System testing of bespoke application improvements
- Other data services including one off data extracts, batch loading data, data value corrections, and spreadsheet analysis and optimisation.
- Writing user and technical documentation to support applications.
- Provide training and demonstrations on in-house developed applications to relevant users.
- Integrate fully and be a proactive member of the IT Team supporting other individuals to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- It is a condition of employment that all employees undertake any reasonable task, within any department or area, that they are directed to perform which is relevant to the company’s task at the Defence Academy, and is within the competence and ability of the employee.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Experience with SharePoint 2016
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous and thorough with an attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills along with good interpersonal skills
- Power BI
- Transact SQL
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt / process mapping skills
SC Clearance will be required, and a Serco uniform will need to be worn on duty.
Please note Working from home is not an option with this role.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*