Application Management Analyst
UK Defence Academy - Swindon
Full time, 37 hours
£30,000- £33,000 Per Annum
Sitting within a beautiful and secure site, the Defence Academy hosts 2 lakes and is surrounded by acres of scenic woodland. The Academy trains the future commanders and staff officers of all three UK Armed Services and those from many countries around the world.
The Application Management Analyst is responsible for the day to day support of all bespoke and specified COTS business applications used at the Defence Academy. A key part of the role is the full business improvement lifecycle for service enhancements to COTS applications, including requirements, design, build, test, and implementation (both technical and business aspects). Strategic COTS applications are Power BI, SharePoint 2016, TOPdesk and CAFM Explorer.
The Main duties of this role will involve but are not limited to:
- Second line support for business applications
- Service enhancements for COTS applications
- Data reports through transact SQL, SQL Reporting Services or Power BI
- System testing of bespoke application improvements
- Support of all business facing bespoke and COTS applications including SME knowledge of these applications, and underlying databases, to maximise the benefits to the Defence Academy.
- Respond to support calls, providing 2nd line support for the applications supported by this position, diagnosing problems and providing guidance to users on correct use of applications where necessary.
- Monitoring of the Development Team support call queue.
- Resolution of support calls, entering accurate details into the call management system, adhering to defined policies and procedures, and ensuring SLA's are met.
- Configuration and business implementation of COTS applications for initial rollout to the business.
- The full business improvement lifecycle for functionality enhancements to COTS applications, including requirements, design, build, test, implementation (both technical and business aspects), project management and governance.
- Data services including one off data extracts, creation of self-service reports, batch loading data, data value corrections and spreadsheet analysis and optimisation.
- Produce test plans and carry out testing of newly developed applications, updates and bug fixes, reviewing functionality against specifications.
- Support of the JSCSC wargames exercises.
- Writing user and technical documentation to support applications.
- Provide training and demonstrations on in-house developed applications to relevant users.
- Integrate fully and be a proactive member of the IT Team supporting other individuals to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- It is a condition of employment that all employees undertake any reasonable task, within any department or area, that they are directed to perform which is relevant to the company's task at the Defence Academy, and is within the competence and ability of the employee.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
This is an opportunity for an individual who has proven knowledge and experience of call management systems, SharePoint and Transact SQL. It is essential that you can demonstrate your experience of Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. The successful post holder must be rigorous and thorough with an attention to detail and have excellent customer service skills. It is important that you are a strong communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Power BI
- CAFM Explorer
- SC Clearance
- It is a contractual obligation for all staff to wear the Serco uniform provided at all times when on duty. Uniform should be kept clean, neat and tidy.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety Act (1974) within the areas of his/her responsibility
- A name badge is also provided and must be worn at all times on the left hand side of the jacket lapel / shirt pocket.
- The DMR Security pass must be worn at all times and on a Serco lanyard.
What we offer:
£30,000- £33,000 Per Annum and 25 days holiday. Our site offers plenty of free onsite parking and there are regular buses from Swindon and Faringdon taking approx. 20 mins. Other Serco benefits include; Up to 6% contributory pension scheme , Serco discounts including cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.