This opportunity is within the Application Management Team of the Atos NS&I Account. The team responsible for maintaining and supporting several NS&I key business and financial systems, including the main NS&I Website used by the UK Public. They also support several NS&I Business systems themselves to run all their Banking Operations and their flagship product, Premium Bonds.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working with incident management tools and either working on or assigning incidents as they are raised.
- Resolution of incident, problem, and change tasks in line with agreed service levels.
- Scripting and collation of information from various applications for various users and third parties.
- Preparing data amends to update live systems to resolve data issues.
- Proactive application monitoring, batch processes, health checks and server administration.
- Data file manipulation, when required, for onward transmission to third parties e.g. XtremePush, Paragon. RBS, HMRC etc
- Debugging / reviewing of log files.
- Development with subsequent testing and deployment of changes and enhancements.
- Root cause investigation and resolution of problem records.
- Completion of Freedom of Information Requests, collating customer details for disclosure.
- Identification and implementation of service improvements applications and overall solution.
- Participation in shift and on-call rota for out of hours support for evenings Monday to Friday and weekends, includes covering the completion of batch processing 18:00 – 08:00.
- Technical writing in the form of knowledge base and how-to articles.
- Process automation.
- Access to start Autosys batch scripts as part of incident resolution and on-call requirements.
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you’re the person we’re looking for.
The main team are based in Blackpool and ideally you will be based there. Some travel may be required at times to other NS&I locations such as Durham and Glasgow.
Once experienced in the role you will participate in an On-Call rota covering evenings and weekends. This will be required to respond to High Priority Incidents out of main Business Hours. You may also need to help support Project Deployments overnight or at weekends, this would not be expected to be more than once a month.
Skills we can’t do without:
- More than 2 years’ experience of Unix Programming specifically shell scripting.
- Unix/RHEL knowledge.
- Ability to use tools like awk, sed, grep etc and relevant UNIX shells such as korn or bash.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Technical Writing
- Experience of Helpdesk Tools for Incident Management (Service Now if possible)
- Experience of incident, change and problem management
- Programming and testing experience
- Batch process management
- Experience of achieving delivery landmarks / SLAs, ensuring high quality output of products fit for purpose.
- Track record of delivering Technical Solutions against set targets and deadlines.
- Capable of articulating the precise nature of any given situation appropriately to the target audience whether technical or non-technical.
Skills we’d like:
- Knowledge of Autosys, SQL developer or Office VBA
- Experience in developing Office Applications and Access Databases
More reasons to join us
In addition to joining a global leader in digitalization, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits! These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive partner pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value your progress and it’s a top priority to engage, inspire and develop you to help you maximise your potential! In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programmes in place demonstrating our commitment to developing your career.
How to apply
Confident this sounds like you? Please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the application process for people with disabilities.