Application Solution Architect
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking for an experienced Application Solution Architect to join an expanding team of Solutions Architects within Babcock's Land division. You will work alongside the technical team, sales teams and prospects /customers to design solutions that meet the needs of the business. You will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, presentations, whiteboard workshops, proposals and diagrams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Partnering with the business to understand sector and business units strategy and agree IT solutions
* Maintain an aware of business solutions including ERP, Business Intelligence and CRM
* Application Integration is a significant proportion of the activity and the ability to identify integrations points and propose integration strategies and approaches is key
* Leading in designing, specifying and selecting IT solutions
* Developing and maintaining a model of the current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap
* Supporting the development team in developing solutions
* Supporting bids and business change in estimating cost and preparing business cases for IT solutions
And as you're supporting our business we'll be supporting you. So as well as offering excellent benefits and facilities - you will be given the appropriate training to fulfil your role. Babcock provide support to a range of projects and you will have the opportunity to grow and expand your skillset within the engineering industry.
What do I need to do the role?
* You will need to be an experienced Application Solution Architect with a background in application/software development.
* Strong business acumen and customer engagement skills is a must, as well as bid experience being useful to have.
* The ability to identify integrations points and propose integration strategies and approaches
* Knowledge of TOGAF is advantageous.
What else do I need to know about the role?
* You will work a 37.5 hour week Monday-Friday with flexible start and finish times
* The role is primarily based in Bristol and you must be prepared to travel nationwide
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
* All applicants must have or be able to obtain SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.