Application Technical Specialist | United Kingdom | GB11285
We are looking for an Application Technical Specialist to be based at Bicester.
Act as deputy for the IS Solutions Lead, coordinating and communicating during Incidents and IS events impacting the Business.
- Provide the associated technical capabilities to develop and implement changes to the Warehouse and Transport systems
- Build knowledge of business applications through gaining own knowledge and sharing with team members via classroom sessions and written articles. Manage the delivery work stream for Change, coordinate and perform testing and schedule business downtime for Release Management into Dev, Test, Pre-Prod and Production environments. Assist with the transformation and transition of MOD Buildings
- Assist with knowledge transfer for existing solutions and any new initiatives. Acting as a Senior Support Advisor, own and resolve assigned Support Requests. Investigate and analyse Problems, provide solutions and workarounds to the Business user. Collaborate with the team of Support Advisors to maintain consistent service levels and improve processes
- Perform tasks in support of business and IT project delivery and write/update documentation as required. Understand and support internal and third party solution providers through project and programme activities. Support MOD and third party support teams to ensure legacy systems operate effectively through transition and Business As Usual
- Perform software testing & maintain formal records to an auditable standard. Coordination and scheduling of IT changes
- Support Emergency Incident management (handling of mission critical situations). Liaise with Service Desks to ensure hardware and Software issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain a Knowledge Repository of documented issues, known problems and resolutions for reference. Support the implementation of disaster recovery and business contingency procedures. Be available for Out of Hours support and ensure cover is arranged for absence
- Attend operational meetings as required including daily operations and regular customer and site visits as needed
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Technically minded with a working knowledge of supply chain business systems - WMS/TMS (JDA Dispatcher preferred)
- Performing ad-hoc SQL queries to assist in problem solving and operational queries including data updates
- Application maintenance including patch deployment, bug fix and change management activities
- Monitoring, configuring and the use of Oracle data-guard to support disaster recovery
- Experienced with UNIX environments and scripting, Linux, Oracle & FTP, SQL developer for queries including PL/SQL activities
- Data load activities to support operational and project requirements
- Experienced in a scripting language along with PL/SQL and sFTP
- Problem management support relating to
- Running traces and debug as part of problem solving
- Ability to assist the development team with the translation of business requirements into functional specifications
- Report writing ideally using iReports
- Able to work on own initiative and manage a small group of individuals, with urgency and to deadlines when the need arises
- Strong PC skills - intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Dynamic approach with a positive attitude towards change
- Excellent customer service skills with a good command of the English language
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills at all levels. Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills. Motivated to see issues through to completion
- Desire to learn and take on ad-hoc projects as they arise
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.