Job Title: Applications Analyst
Compensation: Up to £33,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role ID SF43792
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for a Application Analyst to be a part of the Development Services (Marine) team of Babcock Corporate Services and they will be reporting directly to the Team Leader.
Who we are looking for?
You will work with a team of one other Applications Analyst, Developers, Testers, Project Managers and Product Owners throughout the project life cycle and where appropriate follow Agile principles. Your main purpose will be to install and configure technical software to support business processes within the organisation and to perform updates to existing software. This role will take responsibility for installing and configuring server software against business requirements, both functional and non-functional. You will also provide guidance to other team members and participate in continuous improvement for this process.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining new and existing COTS (Commercially Off The Shelf) Web Applications, Window Services, and Web Services whilst working with SQL and Oracle databases.
- You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to Project managers and your Team Leader.
- You will be responsible for compiling and maintaining a list of COTS applications in order to establish a technical roadmap with regard to upgrades.
- You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and configuration standards.
- You will be directly part of an established team of one Applications Analyst and a group of Senior Developers who are responsible for delivering Web services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards. This post will not require you to develop any bespoke applications.
- You will also be responsible for providing technical help and product knowledge where needed.
The experience you'll bring
This section focusses on the skills, qualifications & experience the candidate will need to have.
- You need to have an analytical mind, natural fault-finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with experience in web servers, application servers and SQL servers.
- You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
- A methodical approach to problem solving and demonstrate close attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams.
- Self-motivated, always keen to deliver effective results and see an issue through to resolution.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You will need to be able to obtain SC Clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.