Do you have a real passion for providing exceptional support services in a Healthcare environment? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Domestic Assistant to join our team at the Peterborough City Hospital.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a vision to progress their career into Facilities Management. Maybe you are someone with cleaning experience and wanting to take your career to the next level.
The purpose of this role is for you to become trained and experienced at a domestic frontline level with opportunities for you to progress into a Supervisory or management role.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Facilities Services Operative L2 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and during the Apprenticeship you will be taught a range of knowledge, skills and behaviours to support you within your job role. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will conduct regular meetings with you. You will not be expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work. Job Description
Apprentice Domestic Assistant - Peterborough City Hospital
SALARY: £9.20 PH More about the role:
LOCATION: Peterborough City Hospital, Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Peterborough PE3 9GZ
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 35 Hours - 5 / 7 days flexible to cover 15:00 - 22:30 / 16:00-23:30 / 16:30 - 00:00
DURATION: 13 - 16 months
You will be trained and supported to complete the below duties:
Who you are:
- Maintaining the required standard of cleanliness in the allocated area.
- Carry out cleaning duties as per cleaning schedule for your assigned area
- Attend and comply with any work-related training
- Cleaning toilets, sinks, high surfaces, low surfaces, mopping floors in all areas across the hospital
- Correctly bag and tag all rubbish and leave for collection, in line with the hospitals' waste policy
- Observe and maintain the right for patient privacy and confidentiality
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards to your Line Manager
- Replenish disposable items (i.e. hand towels, toilet rolls etc.)
- Carrying out curtain changes on wards and departments
- Serving patient meals and beverages in conjunction with Nursing Staff
- Providing a domestic service in accordance with the service level agreement for Domestic Services at the Hospital
- Strip, clean and remake empty beds when requested
- Collect up crockery, cutlery and water jugs and glasses
- Clean all work areas/equipment during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary
- Observe and maintain the right for patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff
- Develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- A passion and commitment to develop into a Facilities Management role
- Basic numerical/written skills
- Keen and willing to learn
- A can do' attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to works well as part of a team and provide a comprehensive domestic service to patients, staff and visitors at the Hospital
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work
- Able to demonstrate and explain working practices to new starters.
- Able to organise own day-to-day work
- Able to perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
- Able to develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- DBS check will be required
- Cleaning experience
- Understanding of basic Infection Control
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedures
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in a very challenging environment
Further Information about the application process
Your Apprenticeship is fully funded by Compass UK and Ireland, via the Apprenticeship Levy.
As a company, our Apprenticeship programme is subject to regulation from Ofsted and the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).For that reason, each candidate must meet certain criteria's in order to be eligible for funding. This ensures our offer is compliant with all the quality and funding rules. Therefore, you will be required to complete the following:
Eligibility Questionnaire - The questions asked here will determine if we can claim funding for your apprenticeship training with our training provider and the rules for this are set out in the ESFA funding rules 2020/2021.
Initial Assessments - These are positioning tests in English and Maths. Whilst they do not directly affect your eligibility for the apprenticeship they provide us with your current level of learning and help us build an individual learner journey. This will establish if you are working at the required level in Maths & English that is needed in order for you to complete the learning within your chosen apprenticeship.
European Social Fund - The Skills Funding Agency operates as a co-financing organisation for ESF and assures EU funding is correctly spent. The European Social Fund (ESF) is a structural fund from the European Union. It improves the skills of the workforce and helps people who have difficulties finding work. All our apprenticeships are compliant with ESF funding.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.