(Visits to sites including Portsmouth and Bristol)
About the role
Babcock Defence Systems Technology (DST) is looking for an Availability, Reliability and Maintainability Manager to help us deliver and support, through-life, a world-class Electronic Warfare capability for the Royal Navy. This exciting opportunity will see you play a key role in ensuring that future support and through life costs receive the same level of importance as the equipment performance, right from the early stages of the CADMID lifecycle.
You will be working alongside a motivated and talented team of Integrated Logistics Support/ Integrated Product Support Managers and Engineers following International and UK MOD standards for ILS. You will be using Industry Standard tools for capturing all supportability engineering data to develop the through life support solution. The Supportability manager will be working directly to the ILS Manager.
You will be challenged to demonstrate that our systems meet the AR&M requirements. You will be using commercially available software to collate all the AR&M evidence and present your findings in Case Reports, in a format specified by the customer. You will be working with in-house and sub-contractor systems engineers as well as the wider ILS/IPS team. There will be a need for you to do some hands on engineering and analysis; therefore, you will have previously produced AR&M analyses, not limited to: FMECA, RBDs and RCM. You will be required to validate the AR&M requirements through life.
The AR&M Manager will required to mentor junior members of the team and be an ambassador for AR&M, sharing good practice across the wider team.
What do I need to do the role
- You will have some of the following experience, skills and knowledge requirements:
- You'll need to be a professional engineer, registered with a relevant engineering institute, or a certified reliability manager/practitioner. Applicants with extensive experience in AR&M will also be considered for this role.
- You will also have some of the following experience, skills and knowledge requirements:
- Experience of reliability engineering during design and in-service; Experience of Reliasoft's suite of applications would be advantageous (Essential).
- Knowledge of the Defence environment (Desirable).
- Knowledge of systems engineering (Desirable).
- Knowledge of Defence or Industry standards associated with AR&M (Essential).
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part
of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing Date: 02.08.2021