Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
Collida is part of the Willmott Dixon family of companies.
Our mission is to modernise the way that Willmott Dixon delivers its £1bn+ of annual turnover, through the use of AI-generative computational-based design, integrated procurement and programming, platform solutions and DfMA methodologies. We are using these approaches to design the next generation of product solutions across each of the key sectors in which Willmott Dixon operates.
To support this exciting initiative, we are looking to recruit an Architectural Assistant to provide digital design authoring and technical support to develop, implement, and successfully deliver the digital construction aspects of the Collida offering. You will need to proficient in the use of Revit and will ideally have experience of working on residential projects and either school or care home projects. Any experience of working on Passivhaus schemes would be beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the detailed modelling of pre-designed components (families, groups, sub-assemblies and 2D/3D detailing) for the Collida platform.
- Ensure designs meet all statutory, regulatory and company policy approvals, and are compliant with Collida standards.
Assist the Digital Manager with development of the Collida Modelling Protocol.
Provide technical support to the development of the Collida platform.
Work with Collida colleagues, supply chain and external designers to implement P-DfMA principles into the Collida platform.
Support Willmott Dixon's sustainability objectives, including net zero carbon in use and reduction in the embodied carbon of our buildings.
Assist the Digital Manager in the development of a Digital Implementation Plan for Collida.
Assist in the creation and implementation of approaches to deliver the Collida "design & procure in a day" vision.
Provide technical support on 4D and 5D implementation.
- Promote the Collida brand both internally and externally
Assist in the creation of winning PQQs/ tenders and support the Collida team throughout the process.
Take responsibility for the accuracy of information contained with the global component, detailing and specification libraries
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Designing in authoring packages, good experience with Revit is essential.
- Understanding of the design and construction process
- Designing in accordance with UK Building Regulations.
- Ability to communicate new initiatives and achieve acceptable
- Degree qualified in Architectural Technology or equivalent.
- Effective, clear and absorb-able communication.
- Working collaboratively in a team.
- Full membership of CIAT.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- consider the impact of your own actions on others
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation
- understand and address stakeholders' needs
- identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
You will be able to:
- prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly
- take personal responsibility for making things happen
- find practical ways to overcome barriers
- manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 5thplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community an have recently achieved the Platinum Investors in People accreditation.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.