We are currently recruiting for an experienced Area Manager. You will be responsible for twelve sites for National Grid managing the cleaning and security services. You will set effective strategic objectives to improve the overall business performance along with responsibility for all aspects of the financial management and the operational running of the contract. Job Description
More about the role:
- £33,236.64 per annum + company car
- Monday to Friday
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To provide accurate and timely information to the Regional Facilities Manager in respect of missed shifts, planned cover and staff performance.
- Ensure all training for your staff is competed in a timely manner, such as but not limited to on boarding', profit protection' and all safety training.
- To manage and train the above service teams to deliver a profitable Soft Support Services team, within all Company policies, procedures and contract service level agreements.
- To champion best practice across all departments within the site and act as the driver for change in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- To have a full knowledge of all areas of work to be covered in the course of duty in accordance with contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- To manage safely all daily activities and ensure all employees are adhering to Company and National Grid Health & Safety practises, process and procedures.
- To discuss the SLA with both the client and the site users to manage expectation and to gain feedback on the service provided
Who we are:
- Excellent face to face manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive mental attitude
- To be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office
- Good Organisational, problem solving and influencing skills.
- 2 years Area/ Regional Supervisory experience within the Facilities Management business
- Ability to manage your own time
- Must have a Full UK Driving License
- Must have Supervisory or Management experience of looking after a wide variety of teams
- Health and safety awareness or IOSH/COSHH/RAMS (Desirable)
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. Organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts deliver great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.