RAF Valley, Holyhead
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Armament Supervisor.
You'll be responsible to the Support Bays Manager for ejection seat bay engineering and Depth maintenance activities, in support of Hawk IOS contract at RAF Valley. The prime responsibility for your role is to fit/remove and co-ordinate AAES tasking in support of the Depth organisation and also the scheduled maintenance of Hawk T1 Ejection seats, incorporating the maintenance and preparation of Hawk TMk1 explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics.
You'll ensure that the manning resource within the department is to be fully utilised to ensure suitable qualified personnel are available to fit/remove AAES in support of the depth organisation and the maintenance of Hawk T1 Ejection Seats in a timely and cost effective.
* Fit and Removal of Aircraft Assisted Escape System (AAES) in support of Hawk T1 Depth organisation.
* Ensuring that all Hawk Ejection Seat tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner, on time and to the highest standard.
* Checking that all equipment required for tasking is available and reporting all deficiencies.
* Ensuring all tool control procedures IAW the relevant Acceptable Means of Compliance are followed.
* Maintenance and preparation of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics in support of Hawk T1 depth maintenance.
* The production of pre-printed work cards and maintenance procedures/Trilogy view/IMS.
* The overall safety and security of personnel and Armament equipment under his/her control.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need extensive industry experience, including Hawk T1 AAES depth maintenance on Martin Baker ejections seats Type 10B, completed a Martin Baker type ejection seat course, have experience of working with AAES in a forward environment, have experience of maintaining and arming/disarming of explosively operated equipment and pyrotechnics, completed Training in relevant discipline Mechanical/Electrical to City and Guilds Level or level 3 equivalent (completed an apprenticeship), Supervisors in Aviation and have a Full Driving Licence.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants: https://www.babcockinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Babcock-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 24/09/2020