At RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, Serco has been providing multi-activity and engineering support since 1997. Serco proudly support the RAF and MoD, supplying around 20 different services onsite, from engine and aircraft maintenance, to fuelling and ground control services.
RAF Brize Norton is the largest operating base within the Royal Air Force, providing air transport and air-to-air refuelling to the RAF fleet, and as an Armourer you'll contribute enormously to the vital work carried out here. You'll also be part of the wider team, with 5,800 service personnel, 1,200 contractors and 300 civil servants on site.
Working within the Serco Armoury team, this role will focus on:
- The storage, issuing and receipt of weapons to personnel
- Carrying out routine and independent checks, servicing, maintenance and rectification of small arms and associated ancillary equipment
The armoury provides this service Monday to Friday, 7.00am - 6.00pm (with shifts covering, early and late starts and an on-call service for other times).
What we are looking for:
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ideally qualified and experienced of working within an Armoury, although if required, training could be provided.
Ideally, the successful candidate would hold a relevant qualification (such as Q-W-GDSA) with experience within an Armourer position.
Due to the nature of the site and work carried out, Security Clearance will be required (or must be achievable) and the post holder must also comply with MoD legislation.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that support the military and touch people's lives
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
- Other Serco benefits: Up to 6% contributory pension scheme , Serco discounts including cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- Other RAF Brize Norton Benefits: Access to the onsite gym, swimming pool and dining options
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).