Ipswich, Suffolk, GB, IP7 7RA
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Field Force Assessor (Aircraft) to be based at Wattisham Airfield. The main purpose of the role will be to assess, monitor and sample learner output in order to prove competency for the Engineering Diploma and BTEC. You will conduct regular learner reviews, administer documentation and invigilate tests in order for the learner to achieve the full Engineering Qualifications as laid down in the Apprenticeship Framework and Standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting and reviewing progressive training objectives, mentoring, assessment and verification of Functional Skills / Vocational programmes with learners as per caseload and contractual requirements. Monitor student progress toward achievement and give feedback where appropriate.
- To undertake the "Mapping" of the Diploma Level 2 PEO and Technical Certificate Level 3 and subsequent QCF qualifications where necessary and to ensure currency and validity is satisfied for any audits.
- To assist in the sampling and monitoring of Instructors, in the delivery and assessment of technical/practical qualifications within the defence college.
- To instruct, monitor, assess/verify and invigilate tests for Vocational qualifications in Engineering at level 2/3 where necessary.
- Conduct / attend "sign up" presentations and carry out post course evaluation sessions
- Ensure all documentation used is accurate, completed on time and fulfils all contractual and statutory obligations and is kept in a safe and secure area and be available for inspection or audit (internal or external).
- Create and maintain an efficient work plan, practising effective time management and cost effectiveness. Present to the learner the principles and any changes to their Apprenticeship programme.
- To ensure that the internal quality assurance process is managed and qualifications are awarded to the individual in a given timeframe on completion of the award.
What do I need to do the role?
- You will have an engineering background, ideally in relation to aircraft/avionics/electrical engineering
- A1 Assessor or CAVA qualification highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen willingness to learn
- High level of organisational skills
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
- This is a 37 hour working week with flexible start and finish times, as well as the opportunity to work from home and travel to other sites when required.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.