Job Title: Assistant Area Co-ordinator
Salary Range: £19,554.00 - £19,945.00 (£6,707 - £6,841 Pro-rated)
Work Location: WSCC Southern Highways Office, Clapham depot, Clapham, nr Worthing
Hours per week: 15 Hours per week - split shift (7.30 Am - 9 Am / 2.30 Pm - 4Pm)
Contract type: Permanent - Term Time Only (44 Weeks per year)
Closing date: Sunday 20th September 2020
Here at WSCC we have an new opportunity for an Assistant Area Co-ordinator to join our Crossing Patrol Service and provide a valuable service to our local communities.
The Crossing Patrol Service manages sites outside and near to schools providing safe
crossing and also encouraging walking by children and their parents. You will directly impact this service by supervising a team of crossing patrols. You will work together with schools on recruitment, safety and support of long and short term volunteers.
You will work across a wide geographic area based from our Clapham depot (near Worthing) to supervise, monitor, and manage a large number of School Crossing Patrols (SCPs), solving a variety of problems and liaising with internal and external service providers and agencies. You will also ensure that each West Sussex SCP receives induction and training, uniform and approved equipment in order to work effectively and professionally.
This role consists of a split shift role over 44 weeks TTO. Hours of work are expected to be 7.30 Am - 9 Am and 2.30 Pm - 4Pm. Flexible working is available based on the business needs.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
Our vision for the county is that local communities are independent, strong and vibrant. We target our effort on those services that will make the biggest difference to communities, enabling them to help themselves in achieving their aspirations.
We work with other organisations and join up our respective expertise to help achieve this. Where needed the County Council will provide a helping hand to those residents who are at risk when they require it.
We are proud of our values because they were developed with our employees during the Great Place to Work employee engagement events. They demonstrate how we work and interact with customers, partners and colleagues on a day-to-day basis.
We have five core values, which are central to successfully achieving our vision and corporate plan priorities:
- Proud to be customer-centred - we put the customer central to everything we do.
- Listen and act upon - we listen to each other and act on what we say.
- Honest and realistic - we are honest and realistic about what we can achieve.
- Trust and support - we trust and support each other to achieve our goals.
- Genuinely valued - we feel our contribution is valued and our achievements are recognised.
To find out more about us visit westsussex.gov.uk/jobs/about-us/
For this role you will be expected to demonstrate relevant skills and experiences
- A 'can do' attitude
- Being self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service & people skills.
- Effectively supervising, training & motivating SCPs
- Ability to communicate effectively & work with customers and communities to find
solutions to problems
- Assertive & polite
- A flexible approach
- Integrity, openness and awareness of others
- Good written & verbal communication
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Awareness of health & safety and data protection legislation
The reference application for this role is EIE00741 .
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 20th September 2020.
Interviews will take place from the week commencing Monday 28th September 2020.