As our Assistant Cellar Manager you will support the Cellar Manager in the day to day running of the business including other major events as required. Focusing on beverage operations/liquor control for Cheltenham and Warwick Racecourses.
You will ensure that bars are stocked correctly, cleaned and maintained on a regular basis to a high standard, monitor and manage slow-moving stock/stock approaching best before date and that good stock rotation practices are followed.
Supporting all stakeholders in the business and maintaining communication lines, assisting in the development and training of any retail and cellar staff while adhering to company standards and policies is also part of your role. What we'll give:
Assistant Cellar Manager
- £26,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 5 over 7 days during racing calendar
- Parking onsite
- Free lunches/dinner during work hours
- Free tickets to racing and music events
Jockey Club Catering is a venture partnership between Jockey Club Racecourses, the UK's leading racecourse and venues group, and Compass Group UK & Ireland, to provide top quality catering, hospitality and service at 15 racecourses nationwide.
This sees Jockey Club Catering operate at The Jockey Club's flagship Cheltenham Racecourse during the four days of The Festival, which is effectively the world championships of Jump racing, attended by more than 250,000 people. Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 and in 2013 the partnership was extended through until at least 2025.
Alongside racing, the iconic venues within The Jockey Club's family are open throughout the year, hosting a wide variety of events including conferences, weddings, meetings and exhibitions, all of which can be individually tailored to meet each client request as it comes. More about the role:
Who you are:
- Manage the performance of any casual workforce. Ensuring that every team member is working towards the same goal and achieving the desired outcome
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all tasks consistently
- Lead by example and ensure members of the team wear the correct, full and clean uniform whilst on duty
- Support the Cellar Manager in communicating, motivating and involving individuals within the team
- Demonstrate ability to identify training needs and carry out on the job training.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the unit/location and work
- Be aware and adhere with statutory, legal and company requirements for:
- Health and Safety
- Licensing Laws
- Employment Law
- Fire Regulations
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards as in the company health and safety manual
- Demonstrate best working practices in all duties and comply with company manuals
- Attend unit meetings and cascade briefing information accordingly
- Have knowledge of all unit/location products
Who we are:
- Previous experience preferred
- Good communication skills will be required for both internal and external relationships
- Knowledge of cellar operations though on the job training is provided
- Computer literate and competent using Microsoft office
- Able to work alone and part of a team
- Communication skills will be required for both internal and external companies
- Time keeping is essential
- This role will require flexibility in accordance with business needs
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Levy UK & Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK and Ireland's most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues. Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK & Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue.
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.