Join us as an Assistant Director, Institutional Banking
- This is a chance to join a busy and growing business area in RBS International and help manage a portfolio of institutional banking customers, providing excellent customer service throughout your customer’s journey
- You'll become a trusted adviser as you build relationships and trust with your customers to identify, understand and support them with the right business solutions for their financial needs
- This is an opportunity to prosper in a supportive and collaborative environment, where we’ll help you to achieve professional qualifications and build upon your existing skills
- If you don’t currently live in Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man, to be considered for this role you’ll need to specifically state in your CV that you have the right to live and work here
What you'll do
As an Assistant Director, you'll be supporting the delivery of transaction execution and customer service for a dedicated portfolio of customers, ensuring excellent customer experience throughout the sales and service journey by working closely with service providers and product specialists.
In this key role, you’ll act as the primary point of contact for a dedicated portfolio of clients, processing customer instructions and requests. You’ll be inputting customer information onto our systems accurately and in a timely manner and acting in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards. We’ll look to you to make sure that the correct policies and procedures are followed at all times.
You’ll also be:
- Preparing client correspondence, including credit applications
- Contributing to the coordination of workflow to deliver client satisfaction
- Working as part of a unified team and supporting other team members
- Undertaking training and development in planned processes and activities
- Managing customer service activities and process instructions and requests
- Analysing and interpreting enquiries to determine customer needs and providing them with solutions
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with an understanding of risk assessment, monitoring and control processes across a range of customer scenarios. In this role, you’ll need a broad knowledge of financial products and services and hold or working towards a relevant financial qualification. You’ll have meticulous attention to detail and analytical skills, ideally with a good knowledge of Institutional Banking products and services.
You’ll also be expected to have:
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills that have been gained in a sales environment, along with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to analyse complex financial information and identify creative solutions to meet customer needs
- Experience in issue management and resolution, and complaint handling
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of credit and risk processes and policy