We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Operations Manager to work alongside, support and develop the C&E and matchday business at one of our prestigious venues in Birmingham. Job Description
As the Assistant Operations Manager you will working closely with Head of Hospitality Operations, 2 Duty Operations Managers and Head Chef. You will also be liaising with potential clients as well as our existing C&E and matchday clients. You will be managing and supervising events to ensure all client requirements are met and making sure all events at the venue run smoothly.
- £20000.00 per annum depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7 days
- Working onsite at a prestigious venue in Birmingham
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensuring all conferences are fully set and that adequate staff are on site before guests arrive.
- You will be responsible for day to day conference and events business liaising with the on the day client to ensure the operation is delivered to the highest standards and leading the variable team to ensure all aspects of the event preparation and catering delivery are met.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the internal teams to ensure the smooth running of the C&E department. Building relationships with external suppliers.
- To liaise with the events operations team to ensure all events are planned for and delivered to the highest standard.
- Efficient set up of matchday hospitality suites in line with standard operating procedures.
- Effective management of a matchday hospitality suite delivering first class service at all times to maximise the guests' experience.
- To exceed customer and client expectations by demonstrating a positive and flexible attitude to requests, especially under pressure.
- Maintaining the Health and Safety standards for the safe handling of food, and the correct use and storage of equipment/ facilities.
You will be experienced in a demanding conference, banqueting and events environment
Experience in leading a team
Experience in contract catering
Self-motivation, initiative and high energy
Flexible working hours
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Impeccable attention to detail
Willingness to take responsibility and be held accountable
About The Company
Levy UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& Ireland. A hospitality market leader, Levy UK provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom's Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.