We have an opportunity to join the team at Alexandra House, a modern, stylish conference and event venue which is conveniently located and easily accessible, four miles from Swindon, just minutes from the M4, and on the edge of the beautiful Cotswolds.
Set in acres of green far-reaching grounds, Alexandra House is home to a range of contemporary event suites and an abundance of outside space. Job Description
More about the role:
- £22,000 per annum depending on experience
- Working 5 out of 7
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To ensure all staff receive regular feedback on performance within the department.
- Attend and contribute to any meetings as required or arrange a suitable person to deputise.
- To ensure that arrivals are managed smoothly, efficiently and with high levels of customer care and that the correct registration procedure is adhered to.
- Ensuring staffing budgets are maintained.
- Reviewing the Department's payroll on a weekly basis as per the timetable and reporting any deviations to the Rooms Division Manager/Operations Manager.
- Ensure that checking guests out on departure, client accounts are settled in full and guest satisfaction is checked.
- Managing paperwork for future arrivals, making sure the information on the registration card is correct, pre-payment made, and allocations match the guest's requirements.
- Communicating with the guests, checking satisfaction, resolving conflicts and coaching the team to improve departmental hospitality performance
- Undertaking Duty Manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
Who we are:
- Hotel Reception work essential
- Customer service experience
- Use of Opera System is beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience with managing a team
- F&B exposure - desirable
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Venues Collection, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, are a unique collection of eight mid-range venues. We bring people together, offering them spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate. From large scale conferences, small meetings, team building and every business trip in- between to weddings, family get together and weekends away with friends and loved one. Whatever guests need we have space for it.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.