Salary: Competitive salary plus Veolia benefits
Hours: Rotating shift pattern including weekends and public holidays
Location: Area 6 Oceanic Way, Marchwood Industrial Park, Marchwood, Hampshire, SO40 4BD
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way, to take up an exciting Plant Operator role in our dynamic team.
Because of our responsibility when it comes to leading change, resourcing takes every single one of us, and this is how you can play your part. And if you're keen to see the difference you can make, this role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn't matter if you're looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day's work. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Refer an Engineer to us once you've joined and earn £1000
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What will you be doing?
- Acting under the direction of the Shift Team Leader, ensuring safe and efficient operation of a waste-fired high-pressure boiler and generator
- Assist the STL with the operation and monitoring of the plant from a Central Control Room by means of a computerised control system
- Assist in ensuring day to day compliance with all aspects of the PPC Permit, reporting any non-compliance or incident to the Shift Team Leader
- Carry out routine plant inspections and adjustments / operations as required collecting and recording plant data
- Operate plant and equipment as required by the operational demands of the ERF, including mobile plant and refuse crane
- Work within all Safety Rules, Health and Safety Policies and Site Procedure
- Monitor stocks and take receipt of consumables / collection of residues Assist other Company staff and contractors as required
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate Engineering NVQ or equivalent qualification for the duties of the post (could also be suitable for a 4th year apprentice)
- Interested in mechanical & electrical plant with some experience of plant operations, ideally with experience is an Engineering role
- An understanding of current environmental and health and safety issues would be an advantage
- Experience gained through working in a continuous process environment, preferably with experience of working shifts
Our promise to you
Here at Veolia, we know that a genuinely good role goes both ways.
So alongside your salary or hourly pay, you'll get 25 days of holiday alongside an extensive benefits package, which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.