Position: Assistant Site Manager
Business Unit: Kier Living
Sub Location: Redditch
You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services.
Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation.
As an Assistant Site Manager, you will further learn and develop skills within our operations team. You will be supported by a structured in-house training programme and we will also support you in progressing your career further to Site Manager level and above. You will experience on-going Manager interaction, mentoring and regular progress meetings. In return we require you to be eager to learn and keen to get ahead.
- Implement and comply with Kier Group's Safety, Health and Environment policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the Business Unit;
- Support the management and motivation of the section's labour and to establish its full contribution to the organisation;
- Develop an organisational culture within projects that embodies the values of the Kier Group;
- Embody Kier Group's values towards its customers and to promote its vision to become the most highly respected company in the industry;
- Establish and maintain the best relationship with the client, through and beyond construction to satisfactory completion, and to deliver improved value to the client and company.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous Site Management experience is essential with SMSTS;
- You should have leadership skills (control and management of employees) and a proven track record in successfully managing a project;
- You must hold a Driving Licence;
- Sound working knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment.
- In return we are offering a competitive salary and package as well as the support and scope to build a long and fruitful partnership with Kier.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.