Location: Leeds Close Date: Monday 14th October
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We're always on the lookout for great talent, and we're all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.What do the team do?
Our stores are the direct link between our customers and the wider business and span from Scotland to the South West and across to Northern Ireland. Your role will be to bring our core values to life through your team of 5 - 15 employees. Retail excellence will be the standard expected day to day, in everything you do. With every decision you make and direction you set, you will put the customer at the heart of your thinking. Working collectively as part of a diverse team you'll be expected to deliver the most unique customer experience by using our values of bold, open and trusted.What part will you play in this?
Your job is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual's performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Leader and having people management responsibility for the team members within the Store, you will be expected to lead the store along the store leader on a daily basis.Some of the more specific responsibilities:
What we're looking for:
- Empowering your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
- Monitoring daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and key business information to the team
- Leading the performance of the team alongside the store leader and delivering monthly 1-2-1s
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours. To help to grow talent and succession within the store
- Being passionate about O2`s products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business. Becoming a guide in all things O2
- Using in store systems to take ownership of compliance to deliver O2 policies and procedures.
- Maximising productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Deputising for the Store Leader when required
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
- Someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be high performing and brings their team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to work frameworks to provide support, training and development
- A great communicator
- Someone who can be agile, who can change and adapt to suit business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Ability to work to processes
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica's commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. We also welcome part-time applicants for all of our roles. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you'll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There's so much to discover. Your career starts here.