About the role
The Analytics Capabilities team consists of the Analytics Product Managers, Data and Business Intelligence Analysts, Software Developers and Implementation Architects. The team is responsible for defining, prioritising and delivering the self-serve analytics strategy, user behavioural data tracking and optimisation capability. The Analytics Implementation squad within the Analytics Capabilities team enables more informed and faster decisions by designing new analytics implementations and re-implementations, raising the implementation coverage across core sites alongside data quality enhancements.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of Tesco as a business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Coding, QA and configuration of analytics tracking code.
- Implement TMS (GTM) changes. Support advance platforms implementation through TMS.
- Integrate data sources via web APIs.
- Follow a data quality assurance process, including implementation, measurement and user acceptance testing.
- Transfer knowledge of the business processes and requirements to the development teams.
- Collaboration with Product, Engineering, Content, Marketing teams to collect business requirements and translate into effective tracking requirements.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
You'll need to be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Working knowledge of tracking implementations for Adobe and Google Analytics - technical
- Prior experience of using analytics, data storage and data processing is desirable
- Some technical knowledge of either Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Understanding of digital analytics industry, tools and working practices.
- Understanding or working knowledge in Performance Marketing, Segmentation, Profiling and AB testing
- Prior experience in implementing Analytics for native mobile apps, available SDKs, how it works and to be able to demonstrate clear process of providing requirements, QA and sign-off
- Ability to communicate with people of different skills and levels.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of your base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.