Role: Associate Data Analyst (Apprentice)
Division: Assessment & Qualifications Delivery
Location: London, UK. Hybrid-working
Salary £24 - 25k
Our purpose: At Pearson we ‘add life to a lifetime of learning’ so everyone can realise the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. Our Purpose | Add Life to a Lifetime of Learning
Our company: Pearson was founded in 1844 and has been built on our ability to grow with and adapt to a constantly evolving market. Our 20,000+ employees are dedicated to creating the high-quality, digital-first, accessible and sustainable resources for lifelong learning.
Diversity: At Pearson we value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced as strengths and opportunities are equal and accessible.
Flexible working: Pearson is committed to hybrid working practices and has adopted flexible remote and virtual working. Where possible our employees can choose to manage their attendance to the office more flexibly.
About UK Assessment & Qualifications
We are responsible for the delivery of nearly 4 million examination results per annum, including A-Level, GCSE, BTEC and T-levels for students in UK and International centres. Our in-house systems process every learner from registration to marking and certification, in a highly regulated business. We currently operate a hybrid estate of predominantly bespoke systems, with an ongoing strategic transformation programme to migrate from on-prem to cloud based, cost effective, scalable and resilient services.
Our mission is to develop a programme that will help Pearson, its employees and its managers to progress in their lives and careers through the high-quality Apprenticeships that we at Pearson provide. We are proud of our Apprenticeship Programme, offering a range of Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Customer service, management, digital industries & IT, Financial services and many more. Our apprenticeships range from level 3 through to Masters level and we have intakes throughout the year.
Pearson believe that learning opens up opportunities, creating fulfilling careers and better lives. If you’re as passionate about apprenticeships as we are, then please do visit our website to find out more and see the full list of apprenticeships we have on offer: http://pearson.jobs
About the Job
The position is for Associate Data Analyst Apprentice, who is responsible for data analysis on projects within our current transformation programme. You’ll work alongside an experienced Data Analyst as we transform & integrate data from multiple systems into our future-state data model.
During this apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills and experience in:
- Business data analysis processes
- Data modelling (Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- Data cataloguing using data dictionaries and data lineage, establishing relevant business rules, taxonomy, logic, and flows
- Data Structures within databases such as - MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Interrogation and analysis of data using SQL
In addition to your formal training, and have the option to obtain AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
About the Apprenticeship
You will be supported on the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship which will help build your skills and knowledge and will take you up to 24 months to complete.
You will have an interest in technology and be:
- A self-starter who can demonstrate using initiative.
- Highly numerate and use a variety of analytical techniques to provide high quality, timely analysis and intelligence relating to key priorities.
- Adaptable and creative when finding analytical solutions to problems, to analyse and triangulate data in innovative ways and present findings clearly to a range of audiences.
- Log, analyse and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution, ensuring that any problems are fixed.
Candidates must have achieved a grade C / 4 or above in at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics.
Job Location and Hours
The role is aligned to our central London office.
You will be a hybrid worker, visiting your base office no more than once a week with the possibility of occasional travel to other Pearson sites. We work a 37.5-hour week, with all our team free to flex their day around our core hours, which are Monday to Friday, 10 to 4 GMT/BST. School runs, etc can be accommodated. Other flexible working patterns can be considered, including part-time working and non-traditional hours. As we regularly work with global teams, particularly in India and the US, there may be the occasional need to accommodate meetings outside of core hours.
Your benefits and rewards
Here at Pearson we offer a range of benefits, which include:
- 25 Days annual leave (increasing by 1 day with every year of continuous service up to 30 days); annual leave trading, +/- 5 days
- Annual Bonus
- Private Pension plan scheme where we pay in double what you contribute, up to 16% depending on your age
- Life, private medical and dental care insurance options, plus free eye tests
- Stock/share purchase options
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible working policies
- An employee wellbeing assistance programme
- Cycle to work program, volunteering days, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to equity and opportunity, so that all learners can realise the life they imagine and see themselves in our services and products. We believe learning is a powerful force for change and that diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to who we are. We’re committed to addressing all forms of systematic racism, discrimination and inequality in everything we do.
We also believe in giving everyone in the company the chance to help shape a more inclusive culture, in which everyone feels a sense of belonging and in which everyone acts with integrity day-in, day-out. To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here. Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience. We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process. We are a Stonewall Gold and Top 20 LGBT+ inclusive employer, Investors in People Gold, Race Charter signatory, Disability Confident employer and Working Mums Top Employer.