Join us as a Associate Director, Funds Banking
- This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing business area of RBS International, part of the NatWest Group Funds banking franchise
- You'll develop your knowledge of the alternative investment funds industry to help grow an origination pipeline of deals for subscription, NAV and general partner facilities
- As you manage and build relationships with your clients, we’ll look to you to identify any credit issues they may have
- You'll work towards an externally recognised qualification, allowing you to be successful in your role and advance your career
What you'll do
We’re looking for someone to proactively enhance customer satisfaction and advocacy by providing them with products and services that best serve their needs. You’ll also prepare well researched and comprehensive briefs and pitch books for customers and prospect meetings. You’ll use a range of contact and strategy planning tools to identify and meet customer needs, while all the time making sure you’re delivering high quality customer interactions and experiences.
You’ll also be:
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues throughout the execution, capital management, credit delivery and credit stewardship phases of each client relationship
- Developing deep long-term relationship with clients, becoming their trusted advisor to facilitate cross-selling of all the other products and services of the bank, including FX, notice deposits and depositary services
- Acting as a visible, positive presence in other parts of the business and the external market
- Supporting senior management to assess and analyse the financial information of our customers
- Maintaining the credit quality of your portfolio to a high standard in conjunction with senior colleagues
The skills you'll need
In this role, you’ll need the ability to undertake detailed financial analysis including debt capacity analysis, financial modelling, valuation and debt structuring for both existing and prospective customers. You’ll also have experience in providing effective and proactive support to teams to deliver income through various business channels.
On top of this, you’ll need to be aware of financing and risk management trends in the market to develop innovative solutions.
We’ll also need you to have:
- A strong market awareness and an appreciation of the economic and financial outlook
- A track record of delivering high quality transactions and building outstanding customer and professional relationships, ideally in a corporate environment
- An ability to undertake detailed risk analysis and complex debt structuring