Join our community.
The role sits within the Structured Finance Group ("SFG" or "SF"), a division within Santander Corporate & Commercial Banking ("SCCB").
SFG's focus is primarily debt-led, delivering bespoke funding solutions, mainly for complex and event driven opportunities, across both new and existing SCCB clients.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
The difference you'll make.
- Covering a wide range of KBIs, intermediaries and prospect management teams and conjunction with more senior team members and Coverage colleagues, undertaking reviews to identify new business opportunities.
- Supporting with the managing of all aspects of a deal team's activities, including: timeline management; credit writing; financial analysis / modelling; committee presentations; and working with external legal counsel and third party advisers to document and close transactions.
- Helping to originate new customers / event driven and / or complex transactions, whilst maintaining high levels of credit quality.
What you'll bring.
- Demonstrable ability to learn technical, legal and credit / debt structuring skills and how to effectively apply them in structured finance transactions.
- Working effectively as part of a wider team and with other Santander Group divisions, learning to increase contribution over time by proactively working on professional development.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- An Accounting qualification
- Prior credit or corporate finance experience
- Proven report writing skills including Powerpoint and an experience of complex financial modelling using Excel
- Experience of working on complex leverage transactions including MBOs, acquisitions and growth finance.
What else you need to know.
This role is a combination of home working and office based.
This is a permanent position for an Associate to join the Growth Capital team based in Bristol for face to face meeting requirements.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.