Join our community.
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. We help our customers at the moments that matter most and champion businesses to help them to grow sustainably. That's why we're building a community to be a digital bank with a human touch and deliver an outstanding customer experience living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
Playing a key role in building and shaping a new Issues Management Capability within the Controls Office, the successful applicant will be responsible for assessing, logging, monitoring, and validating the closure of open control and risk issues for the Chief Operating Office (COO) and, where applicable, wider Important Business Services across the RFB Group. They will also assist the co-ordination of audit related engagements across COO.
The difference you'll make.
- On-going monitoring of Action Plans to ensure remediation is closed on a complete and timely basis; driving a reduction in past-due actions and risk.
- Ensuring that the status of Issues and Action Plans, including delays, are escalated on a timely basis through effective management reporting and dashboards.
- Maintaining accurate data in tooling on the status of Action Plan.
- Attending key status meetings with business areas and other stakeholders to ensure status is correctly reflected.
- Review of evidence / documents / artefacts to ensure required remedial action has been completed (Issues Validation).
- Logging and co-ordinating Internal and External Audit requests, working closely with Compliance, Audit and Risk & Control Partners to ensure actioned on a complete, accurate, and timely basis.
- Following-up with business areas to ensure required information is provided.
- Embedding a rigorous controls culture across COO / the RFB Group and promoting #IAM Control.
What you'll bring.
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge
- Experience in data tracking and analysis
- Strong planning and organisational skills to track and monitor the high number of open issues across COO and Important Business Services.
- Experience of working in Financial Services or other large, complex organisations in a similar or related role.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Attention to details
- Need to be self-driven and motivated
- Effective communication skills, with ability to constructively challenge key stakeholders.
What else you need to know.
This is a permanent role offering hybrid working model.
How we'll reward you.
- As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 28 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates. Including: Bupa medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform including retailers, entertainment, eating out, travel and more
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.