Join us as an Audit Manager, Data Management
- We’ll look to you to provide independent engagement assurance by leading the engagement team specific to Data Management
- You’ll be supporting the engagement assurance planning, ensuring coverage of all key risks, complying with regulatory requirements for Internal Audit, and deploying resources to best use
- Using your expert knowledge of auditing, together with your knowledge of risk and control throughout the data lifecycle and your understanding of the related technologies, you'll be able to advance your career in this critical audit role
What you'll do
As an Audit Manager, Data Management you’ll be providing quality, efficient and effective assurance and influencing business managers to improve control. You’ll be supervising team members and supporting them through coaching and helping them to realise their potential.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Leading the team to deliver audit engagements and driving assurance for regular and complex engagements , including integrated audits where you’ll provide subject matter expertise to support the wider Internal Audit function
- Managing key stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an effective discussion on key risks and findings
- Leveraging Internal Audit’s industry leading audit methodology and tools
- Ensuring compliance with global methodology within engagements and accurately keeping the audit management tool up-to-date
- Building on an excellent Internal Audit position and influencing the evolution of the control framework
- Managing multiple audits and activities at the same time
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need specific knowledge and experience of working within a data management environment including with the supporting technologies. You’ll need to either be an experienced internal auditor or have a strong background in risk management with experience of all aspects of data management within financial services.
You'll ideally have a good working knowledge of the regulatory environment as it applies to using data within financial services, including BCBS 239 and GDPR.
You’ll also demonstrate;
- Experience of auditing technology with an interest in the emerging trends in AI, machine learning and data science and engineering.
- An interest and understanding of what it means to be ‘data driven’ and how data can be turned into knowledge and insight to drive better decision making.
- How you’ve successfully delivered projects while keeping a firm hand on budget, time and quality.
- The ability to actively identify and help develop and coach talent
- The ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior stakeholders