Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid - Flexible Location (working from home options available)
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Audit Specialist.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The Audit Specialist role is based within our Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) business unit.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
The difference our new Audit Specialist will make
As an Audit Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary - giving you an excellent opportunity to build a career in Information Security with full training provided.
Day to day, you'll be supporting the Audit Manager in delivering the effective assurance of IT Security and Business Continuity for Babcock. You'll ensure application of policies and procedures published, as well as the audit and compliance team are reviewed, monitored, and kept up to date.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements, access to any UK Babcock hub, along with some expected travel requirements in order to carry out essential audits.
You will need hands-on experience Information Assurance / Security experience / Business Continuity.
You will also need the following:
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and/or ISO 22301
- Experience of policy and process writing
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act / GDPR
- Own a car and UK driving licence is essential
- Must be able and willing to travel as required with some overnight stays expected
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Pension members - death in service 4 times base salary
- Paternity - 2 full weeks pay
- Maternity & Adoption leave - 20 weeks full pay - 13 weeks SMP
- CSP - Up to 5 years service - 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service - 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus - 52 weeks full pay
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 19th August 2022