Join us as a Data Architect
- You’ll be an integral part of our plans to strengthen the Wealth CDIO Static Data & Application Security team, as you deliver solution designs, prototypes implementation and run the bank support for our digital based platforms
- We’re looking for an experienced data architect who has a strong parametrisation know-how of Avaloq, Oracle database and PL/SQL
- With valuable exposure, you’ll be building and leveraging relationships with colleagues across the bank to ensure commercially focused decisions and to create long term value for the bank
What you'll do
As a Data Architect, you’ll be creating business-wide data architectures to meet business and technical requirements, including conceptual, logical and physical data models, business glossaries, data dictionaries and data lineage. You will own the process to request extensions to the overarching data model, and will lead the remediation activity to address technical debt.
You’ll also be:
- Leading data quality management and object modelling in Avaloq and owning the definition and communication of Avaloq’s static data landscape and application architecture
- Developing and maintaining a robust enterprise-wide data catalogue
- Owning the technical data management roadmap
- Involved in new project initiatives to make sure that the requirements are in line with the Avaloq Static Data model
- Collaborating with stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions to help them understand and support the data architectural changes required to satisfy the organisation and business-wide outcomes
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, strong parametrisation knowledge of Avaloq, Oracle database and PL/SQL is essential. You’ll know how to systematically rationalise production and legacy data stores while preserving end-point capability and are familiar with data quality management and architecture.
We’re looking for an Avaloq Certified Professional with an engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science. It’s crucial that you’re fluent in English, with strong communication skills and an analytical mind-set.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- General understanding of advanced API and streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Knowledge of data quality management and architecture
- An awareness of financial services industry data models
- A proven track record in architecture leadership, including C-level engagement and building momentum for change and steering matrix delivery teams
- Experience working with cloud and big data paradigms
- The ability to work independently and innovatively
At NatWest Group, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
Who we are
NatWest Services (Switzerland) Ltd is an IT service provider and change enabler for the Wealth Businesses of NatWest Group. Our experienced teams are dedicated, determined and enthusiastic in using their capability and drive for innovation to design, build, maintain and run the delivery of an exceptional and sustainable service to UHNW, High Net Worth and Affluent clients.
The NatWest Group Wealth entities offer its clients a comprehensive range of private banking, wealth planning and investment management services through the Coutts, Adam & Company, Private Client Advice & Investment Services (PCAIS) and Premier Banking brands. To anticipate and respond to changing client demand, there is a growing emphasis on delivering a full range of innovative digital services.