Join us as an Award Delivery Consultant
- This is an opportunity for a driven individual to support us to achieve our operational and strategic objectives in Award Delivery.
- You’ll provide specialist technical advice in your area of expertise and build on your knowledge of our award delivery processes to support our people
- You’ll be joining a diverse and collaborative team and you can expect lots of variety in this fast-paced role
What you'll do
In this key role, you’ll support the delivery of the Group's Award portfolio. We’ll look to you to support on process redesign and improvement in your area of expertise, identify award related policy or process gaps and recommend modifications.
Throughout the course of your work, you’ll also cultivate a thorough understanding of the various award related business requirements by building your knowledge of the business and our operating model. Alongside which, you’ll maintain market intelligence through internal and external networks, building your knowledge of market trends to recommend improvements in our Award Delivery processes.
You’ll also be:
- Building and providing technical expertise around award delivery processes, such as grant, vest, confirmation and reconciliation.
- Supporting the delivery of our awards and implementation of policies, working with business a wider range of stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Preparing MI for senior stakeholder and regulatory reporting
- Managing the assurance of our Commitment offers
- Using subject matter expertise to ensure the timely resolution of all queries, issues, ensuring positive customer led outcomes are achieved clearly displaying critical thinking.
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in a reward function, coupled with good overall HR knowledge. You’ll have strong business consulting skills and experience in managing relations with business stakeholders. Additionally, we’ll expect you to have good communication and interpersonal skills with well-developed influencing skills.
We’ll also expect:
- Experience of managing one or more reward processes with knowledge of our award products
- Good numeracy and analytical skills with some statistical knowledge and a strong eye for detail
- The ability to manage large volumes of data
- Regulatory and finance acumen and knowledge of risk and control frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Stron process improvement skills