As our Banqueting Chef you will assist with the management of the food operation within Milton Hill House.
Working with Head Chef and key stakeholders to deliver a consistent, compliant and profitable department in accordance with all Statutory Requirements, Company Policies and Health and Safety Procedures.
Your role will be instrumental in delivering a wide variety of meetings and events. What we'll give:
- Up to £26,900 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free meals on shift
- Discounted stays at other Venues Collection Hotels
- Free gym on-site
Great things happen when people get together in our spaces to meet, spaces to sleep and spaces to celebrate at Milton Hill House. From leisure breaks, weddings and celebrations to conferences, meetings, training, and every business event in between our venue provides an informal atmosphere where you and our guests can be themselves.
We combine our spaces with a bigger family. Milton Hill House is part of The Venues Collection, a division of Levy UK & Ireland, the market leader in contract catering & support services. More about the role:
Who you are:
- Assisting with the consistency of food offer throughout the hotel
- Partake in food ordering and stock rotation
- Minimise and monitor waste wherever possible using Compass lead systems
- Assisting with the management of financial budget and targets
- Manage and develop team members to progress within the kitchen hierarchy
- Assist with implementation and inspire the team with current food trends and cooking techniques
- Training kitchen, F&B and sales teams in current products on offer and how to deliver them
- Follow company standards and deliver to high degree of success
Who we are:
- Excellent culinary skills
- Experience within a similar role
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to engage and motivate others
- Willingness to lead by example and inspire the kitchen team with guidance from the Head Chef
- Ability to maintain processes to promote efficient ways of working
- NVQ Level 3 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Intermediate food hygiene certification
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.