Reporting to the Deputy General Manager you role will be to plan and deliver all race day and non-race day liquor support to the highest of quality and efficiency. Control all aspects of the liquor operation to ensure a successful and profitable conclusion to each event. Main Objective is to ensure the smooth planning and delivery of the day to day and race day hospitality function within unit, to our clients and customers whilst managing the business need and performance standards.
You will be a key innovative leader who must interact efficiently across the client and operational functions to drive superior retail operations and business performance, providing knowledge and experience of retail trends and emerging ideas. What we'll give:
Bar and Cellar Manager
More about the role:
- £28,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- 5 over 7 days during racing calendar
- Parking onsite
- Free lunches/dinner during work hours
- Free tickets to racing and music events
Jockey Club Catering was formed in 2009 to provide outstanding catering, hospitality and customer service at all of The Jockey Club's racecourses nationwide and has a portfolio of 15 racecourses delivering catering to over 333 race days a year.
Jockey Club Catering delivers exceptional race day experiences through great people; and amazing customer service and providing Legendary Experiences' to all our customers at our event days.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
Who you are:
- Having extensive knowledge of all location products and able to advise the customer or client in a professional, helpful manner
- Actively up sell each request to maximise revenue and profitability. Maximise sales opportunities that occur within the planning and operational stages of the functions and events
- Support your Line Manager in the achievement of sales revenue and targets for the department/location and to optimise profitability and efficiency within the unit
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and beverage operations with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
- To receive stock, store and check for quality and quantity; ensuring that all stock is dated and rotated
- Support the Staffing Department to effectively induct, train and develop the beverage team in accordance with the needs of the business and effectively manage the casual beverage team rota in line with budgets set
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
Who we are:
- Previous cellar and beverage management experience, within a large complex with multiple bar/cellar operations
- Positive attitude and friendly approach
- Commercial experience in a fast paced, high volume environment (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be innovative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Experience of working with a client group
- High degree of IT proficiency
- Ability to lead others
- Engaging, enthusiastic, sociable and motivated
- Able to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.